Thursday, May 25, 2006

School's Out Forever?

This year, the last day of school didn't have quite the same feel as the last day of school of years past. Maybe it's because it may be the last last day of school. You'd think I'd feel sadder this year, especially as I packed up my classroom. But I don't. The weird thing, though, is that I don't feel the opposite (aka happy) either. What I do feel is stressed. Stressed about all of the things I have to do now that I don't have the excuse of school.

Since everybody loves a list because it's so damn fun to cross things off, here's my summer to-do list:

1. Find a job in Austin.
2. Find a place to live in Austin.
3. Sell current house.
4. Pull weeds from the yard of current house, thereby making it more attractive to the potential buyer.
5. Go to the dentist.
6. Finish loading CD library onto iTunes.
7. Buy new glasses (seeing, not drinking).
8. Take cats to the vet.
9. Start a workout routine that involves working out at least 3 times a week.
10. Make a summer to-do list (sorry, but I really needed something to go ahead and cross off, just to get the ball rolling).

Comments:
My car's AC's zapped, so my drive to work's long and hot. To reduce sweat, primarily back sweat, I throw the seat back to prone position. Best core workout ever, MyM.
 
Change your seeing glasses to drinking ones and that list gets a whole lot shorter.

OGS, are you wearing a seatbelt while seat is prone? This doesn't seem safe.
 
Will you be looking for teaching jobs in Austin?
 
depends on what you mean by teaching.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?