Thursday, June 01, 2006

Something to Fill the American Idol Void

While you're waiting for the next season of American Idol or I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here or Dancing With the Stars or So You Think You Can Dial a Rotary Phone or whatever reality show it is that gets you through your day, I have something to keep you going. I should rephrase. I will have something to keep you going. I should rephrase. The Meow Mix House will have something to keep you going.

Yes, The Meow Mix House. Some (brilliant) people over at Meow Mix decided what America, nay, the world needed was a reality show involving cats, shelter cats, I might add, getting booted out of a New York City apartment based on vote totals. Booted kitties get placed with adoptive families and take home a year's supply of Meow Mix. The winner will be named the company's feline vice president for research and development (wasn't that the same title Trump gave Bill after season one of The Apprentice?). According to the website, "Thanks to webcams equipped in every room in the house, peeping tomcats with internet access will be able to view all the action in real time—and find out just what cats do all day when their owners aren’t around." Viewers will then vote for their favorite cat; the cat with the fewest votes will go home, American-Idol-style.

The thing is supposed to start in June, and last I checked, it's June. But, alas, no 24/7 meowcam just yet. If you're like me, you can wait un-patiently and check the website on an hourly basis.

Comments:
How do you find this stuff? Or are you a regular Meow Mix web follower?
 
i wish i was; then i might know when the thing's gonna start! it's much less glamourous - i read about it in the newspaper (i guess it was a slow day).
 
Don't you think it will be 24 hours of cats napping and licking themselves? I suppose that can't be any less exciting than American Idol, though.
 
I just watched a segment on the Today show about Meow Mix House... one cat attacked Campbell Brown, and another broke free of its collar and leash and ran away. This show might be worth watching.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?