Wednesday, December 13, 2006
Double Take
I fly. On planes. A lot. I've gotten quite good at it. I check in online. (What up, Group A?) I get to the airport on time. I find a seat and fall asleep.
On my most recent flight, I was awakened when the person in front of me decided to pass me a note. Just so you know, I am not usually passed notes while flying. This was new, and I was groggy.

So upon reading the note, for a split second, I was convinced that The Long Division was actually sitting in front of me and had waited until I fell asleep to surprise me with her presence. If you have ever seen LD's penmanship, you will have my back because this is it. Only when I processed that the note-passer had broken the word "underneath" into two, did I know it was not my scholarly friend.
On my most recent flight, I was awakened when the person in front of me decided to pass me a note. Just so you know, I am not usually passed notes while flying. This was new, and I was groggy.
So upon reading the note, for a split second, I was convinced that The Long Division was actually sitting in front of me and had waited until I fell asleep to surprise me with her presence. If you have ever seen LD's penmanship, you will have my back because this is it. Only when I processed that the note-passer had broken the word "underneath" into two, did I know it was not my scholarly friend.
